Saturday 11 August 2012

New Zealand Bucket List


Though I haven't done many exciting things in the last week, I cannot accurately express how stoked I am for future adventures. In fact, I'm pretty certain I've said the words “I'm so stoked” and “I'm so pumped” more than 50 times in the last two days.

Pretty much my feelings at the moment...

And so, while I'm jacked up on coffee with heaps of extra shots, here's what I want to do in New Zealand before I go back home and face reality.
  1. I want to pass all my classes. This one is only in because I feel like I should reassure everyone and anyone reading that school is my number one priority here. I intend to pass all of my classes with flying colors (at least a few hues that is).
  2. I want to go to Hobbiton. It's on the list of places I'll be going to for Spring Break, which is frighteningly and fantastically soon.
    Hobbiton!

  3. I want to meet someone with a motorcycle, so I can ride, in New Zealand, on a motorcycle. Or, worst case scenario, I want to rent a scooter and drive around myself.
  4. Also, I just want to drive. On the wrong side of the road, and be competent about it. I also plan on doing this over Spring Break.
  5. I want to take pictures of the feet of all of the people I meet and hang out with. I'd like to have more than 100 feet by the time I leave. (Does that sound too high? Too low? Thoughts?)
  6. I want to visit Narnia. That is, I want to visit Cathedral Cove, North of Hamilton. In the second Narnia movie, which admittedly I haven't seen (I'll be straight with you. No point in lying.), there's a view of the children and a train going by. While the train passes, they are transported to Narnia, and there's a beautiful view of the ocean. That's here in Cathedral Cove. It's also on the list for Spring Break.
  7. Cathedral Cove! Photo isn't mine, obviously.
    7. I want to see a kiwi and a tuatara in person. I won't say in their natural habitat—I'm pretty sure that's near impossible—but in a zoo or a reservation would suffice.
    Kiwi!

    Tuatara!

  8. I'd like to be asked for directions somewhere in Welly.
    Actually this already happened. So... check!
  9. I want to get a tattoo.
    (Is anyone reading this? Did you catch that?)
  10. I'd like to go rafting, and preferably, I'd like the rafting trip to end with me in the water.
  11. I want to go swimming, and sun bathe, and swimming. I want to do so much swimming it's insane. I want to swim until I'm pruney, and then I want to keep swimming. I'm certain swimming in New Zealand is much more fulfilling than swimming at home.
  12. I want to see blue penguins!
    Blue Penguins!

  13. I want to take the ferry to the South Island.
  14. Meet someone that sails, and go sailing with them. After all, Welly is known as the windy city. Should be a great place for me to give it a shot!
  15. I want to see pretty waterfalls. And I'd especially love if I could go swimming in their pools, but I'm not certain that it'll be possible or allowed everywhere. (I follow all the rules. All the time, everyday.)
  16. Walk and drive up and down 90 mile beach. Sort of hoping we can do this over Spring Break, but there are so many things already on our list—and we really want to flexibility of road tripping, so we're not adding on too much. That's okay. I'll go one weekend.
  17. 90 Mile Beach!
  18. Have something exciting to blog about next time I decide to post. Although I'll be honest. Potiality I find to be the most wonderful, hopeful, beautiful thing in the world.
    The fact that I could do so many things is just spectacular.
    Which is why I AM SO PUMPED FOR LIFE RIGHT NOW.





Happiness is when my feet are in saltwater.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment